HubPages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Week 2: October 2


Loss for the week £8.40 (100 pips)
Loss since starting £177.20 (1199 pips)

Another tough week, just as it looked like I was starting to finally make some headway a couple of providers open up some bad trades and I end the week at a loss of 100 pips. I am using some pretty tight stop losses which are getting hit far too often. The below graphic shows provider pips vs follower pips (me).


What is striking is the difference between the providers earnings and mine from following. The divergence is almost solely due to the stops I have put on each provider, as can be seen I have turned a sizable profit from FX78 into a loss just by using a stop loss!! (at 80 pips). It is tempting to relax the stops, however these have been calculated to the optimal risk/reward for each signal provider and I cant risk letting losses ride as I did in week 1.

I decide to continue with the same providers and stop losses at least for another week, and will re-assess if these problems persist.

No comments:

Post a Comment